Today’s Healthy Lifestyle post focuses on How to Live Healthy in Your Busy Life! Whether you work from home, or outside of the home, your life is busy. We all want to be healthy, we all want to be fit, we all want to feel great. Period. The biggest challenge? Finding the time to make it happen. I’ve recently become an author at Mytoba.ca, which has allowed me to expand my love of writing, and publish an article every week on living a healthy lifestyle. Today I’m sharing an article that was recently published, which will help you with the problem of fitting healthy habits into your busy life. I’m busy too! Find out my secrets to making sure I stay on track with my fitness and health goals!
Most of our homes look like this….Find out how you can fit your goals into your busy life!
At this time of year, everyone seems so busy! The lazy days of summer are over, and we are all back to agendas, routines, running around, long hours, long days, to-do lists … tons of reasons to put fitness and nutrition to the sideline because we simply don’t have time for it!
I’m right there with you! As life gets busier, it’s important to adapt and find ways that you are able to keep fitness and nutrition at the forefront of yours, and your family’s life. You also need to find ways that work for you! If it’s something that takes hours of commitment, it’s likely that it isn’t going to fit into a busy life.
Being fit (whatever that means for you, and it means something different for each person) and healthy, is a lifestyle choice. You don’t need to be perfect, but you need to be mindful of your decisions. Using the excuse “I just don’t have the time” isn’t acceptable anymore! There are many ways to fit this new lifestyle into your life!
Here are seven changes you can make. You don’t have to do all of them, but pick a few and commit to them. and see how much better you feel!
How to Workout From Home
1. Exercise — The best way I have found to exercise with a busy life (especially with kids!) is to work out at home. Find something you like. Don’t pick something you dread doing, because you will find reasons not to do it. Also, spread out your workout if you need to! There are some days that I work out for 20 minutes in the morning, and finish up at some point in the night. It doesn’t matter when you do it, as long as you do it! There are also a lot of quality apps out there (and some that are not!) which can help you to work out wherever and whenever you need to. To find out what I do to workout from home, CLICK HERE.
The Healthiest Shake. AND It’s a Meal Replacement =)
2. Meal replacement shakes — I used to think that protein shakes and whey protein were just for bodybuilders. I was wrong. Once I became a mom and was introduced to protein shakes, I was hooked. I finally had a way to actually get a breakfast in my body (WIN!) and one that was so nutritious, fit in with my fitness and nutrition goals, and also kept me full for a few hours and boosted my energy. I call that success as a mom! If you want to know what my FAV morning shake is, check it out HERE. OR….You can also opt to pair it up with a home workout!
There are things you want to be mindful of when you are looking for a new shake:
• Nutrients — Make sure you are getting plenty of the daily required nutrients.
• Sugar — Make sure your shake portion isn’t packed full of sugar. Eight grams at the most is ideal.
• Look for a good blend of protein/fibre/carbohydrates. You don’t want too much protein and you want to make sure your shake contains fibre.
• Quality of the ingredients. I don’t want to go into too much detail as that could lead to me putting down certain brands, which I don’t want to to. But, you want to make sure that you are researching the ingredients in your shake, and the source of those ingredients. Many companies make a lot of claims about their products to get your attention, but a little research will show they are charging you for quality, but not delivering, and actually cutting corners.
I’ve done the research and tried a few. I’ve found the best shake out there. If you would like more info on it, just CLICK HERE.
3. Supplements — If you aren’t going to use shakes as part of your daily routine, I highly suggest starting to take supplements and especially a supplement that contains a high antioxidant. I know a lot of people don’t believe in supplements, and that’s fine, do whatever works for you. I was a person who fully thought that I did not need supplements, as I exercised and ate well. Then I was introduced to some supplements by a friend, and I was blown away at how much more energy I had, and how much better I felt. I honestly had just thought the way I felt came with age, and then all of the sudden I had as much energy as my kids in the evening! Supplements can really make a difference in how you feel.
4. Connect with friends — Get some friends together who all have the same goals and keep each other accountable. I have some challenge groups going on right now, and it makes such a difference in the long-term success rate! We are connected each day, and keep each other in check.
5. Surround yourself with positive people — Take a look at the five people in your life that you spend the most amount of time with. Would you consider them to be a positive or negative influence in your life? If these people are dragging you down, find some new people to surround yourself with! If you can’t meet new people, find people online, follow influencers that you can connect with daily, or simply just start to read some inspiring books. Your top five doesn’t even have to know you exist, but you need to plug into them daily. You are the average of the people that you surround yourself with!
Live Happy. Reward Yourself. You deserve it!!
6. Reward yourself — Set goals, and when you reach them, go out and reward yourself. Buy that favourite shirt, go to a movie, rent a cabin for a weekend, buy yourself something extravagant, whatever it is you can afford, make sure to reward yourself for achieving goals you set. It helps you stay committed, and is a fun way to celebrate!
7. Make a vision board — It’s one thing to set goals, but it’s another to create a vision for your life and to see where you want to be. If you want to have a certain level of health and fitness, cut out some pictures out of a magazine that are congruent with your goals and your rewards, and post them on a board somewhere that you will see them daily. Envisioning these things on a regular basis will help you reach those goals a lot faster!
I hope you’re able to take a few, or maybe even all, of these ideas and implement them into your daily life!
If you have ANY questions, or need some help, reach out to me ANY time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or make sure to connect with me on any of my social media above! I love to connect with my readers any way I can, and want you to have ultimate success in your life! <3
~Be the best you in all that you do, live, laugh, but most of all LOVE~
P.S. - Struggling to get leads? 10+ Leads a day is possible! Click here
for more info.